Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-12-06 Origin: Site
Neodymium magnets are strong permanent magnets with high magnetic properties, also known as "NdFeB", "Neo" or "NIB" magnets, and are used in many consumer, commercial, industrial and technical applications. For more information about neodymium magnets, please read the following words.
Are neodymium magnets safe?
What are the performance advantages of neodymium magnets?
What is the relationship between neodymium magnets and health?
Neodymium magnets are absolutely safe for humans and animals when handled carefully. For older children and adults, smaller magnets can be used for everyday applications and entertainment.
But remember that magnets are not a toy with which toddlers and teenagers can play. You should never leave them alone with strong magnets such as neodymium magnets. First, they can suffocate if they swallow the magnet.
Even when handling stronger magnets, you should be careful not to injure your hands and fingers. If some neodymium magnets are stuck between a strong magnet and a metal or other magnet, they are strong enough to seriously injure your fingers and/or hands.
You should also be careful with your electronic devices. As already mentioned, strong magnets such as neodymium magnets can damage some electronic devices. Therefore, keep magnets at a safe distance from TVs, credit cards, computers, hearing aids, speakers and similar electronic devices.
Why are neodymium magnets so strong? Neodymium magnets are considered strong because they have a high saturation magnetization strength and resist demagnetization. Although they are more expensive than ceramic magnets, strong neodymium magnets have a strong impact force! A big advantage is that you can use smaller NdFeB magnets to achieve the same goals as larger, cheaper magnets. This can reduce the overall cost as the overall size of the fixture can be reduced.
Although magnets are generally harmless to health, it is important to remember that neodymium magnets can be dangerous for certain medical implants such as pacemakers. Some people also suffer from nickel allergies when dealing with certain types of magnets, such as those used in jewelry.
If you have a pacemaker or implantable heart defibrillator, you need to be aware that magnets can affect it. Strong permanent magnets such as neodymium magnets can impair the function of pacemakers and implantable heart defibrillators.
Studies have shown that magnets in daily use can affect such medical devices if they are within a radius of 24 cm around the device.
As already mentioned, nickel coated neodymium magnets can cause allergic reactions. Most people only react to nickel if they are exposed to it for a longer period of time.
If you are allergic to nickel or fear that you may be allergic to it, you should avoid prolonged exposure to nickel. How much nickel exposure a person can endure is very personal, so you should handle it carefully.
Shine Magnetics is able to offer not only a single magnet, but also the unique combination of magnetism, experts and experience.